Minimize Repairs with Preventative Care
Make your HVAC system work as long as possible by investing in regular HVAC maintenance. Our experts will examine your system carefully and provide a comprehensive tune-up, improving its function. Preventative maintenance stops costly repairs from plaguing your system and minimizes damage caused by worn-out parts. Keep your HVAC efficient and strong, so it can last for years to come. Guthrie Heating offers expert HVAC maintenance in Greenville, SC, and surrounding areas, so you stay comfortable no matter the weather.
Extend the life of your HVAC system when you schedule an appointment today by calling (864) 571-1279 or filling out our online contact form.
Why Maintain Your HVAC?
Properly maintaining your HVAC units comes with a long list of benefits. These include:
- Improved efficiency: As your system builds up dust and debris with age, your HVAC must work harder to maintain airflow. Preventative maintenance can keep your HVAC clean, so it is more efficient.
- Stop problems as they appear: They may be easy and quick to fix when issues initially arise. If a problem is ignored, it can affect other areas in your system, causing you to replace more parts. Regular maintenance allows our professionals to notice problems when they begin, so they don’t grow into bigger issues.
- Extend the longevity of your system: Maintenance improves efficiency and prevents problems so your units can last a long time. Taking care of your system is critical so that it can last for its full lifespan. Many warranties require regular maintenance to stay valid.
- Better indoor air quality: Changing filters and removing dust or debris can improve your indoor air quality. As dust builds up, your units lose efficiency and have to work harder while continuing to push dust further into your home. We offer duct cleaning to improve indoor air quality by removing those airborne particles.
- Save money: Regular maintenance may seem like it comes with a considerable upfront cost, but it saves you money in the long run by preventing costly repairs, extending the lifespan of your system, and improving efficiency. Trust Guthrie Heating for cost-effective HVAC maintenance in Greenville.
What Does Professional HVAC Maintenance Involve?
Professional HVAC maintenance involves a thorough inspection, cleaning, and servicing of heating and cooling systems by trained technicians.
Here are some key components of professional HVAC maintenance:
- Inspecting and Cleaning Components: Technicians will inspect all components of the HVAC system, including the furnace or heat pump, air conditioner, ductwork, vents, and filters. They will clean any accumulated dirt, dust, or debris that can affect the system's efficiency.
- Checking and Calibrating Controls: The technician will check and calibrate thermostat settings to ensure accurate temperature control and energy efficiency.
- Inspecting and Lubricating Moving Parts: Moving parts such as motors, bearings, and fans need regular lubrication to prevent friction and wear. Technicians will inspect these parts and lubricate them as needed.
- Inspecting Electrical Components: This involves checking electrical connections, voltage, and current on motors and other electrical components to ensure safety and proper functioning.
- Testing System Performance: Technicians will test the system's performance, including airflow, temperature differentials, and pressure levels, to ensure it meets manufacturer specifications.
- Checking Refrigerant Levels: For systems that use refrigerants, technicians will check refrigerant levels and recharge the system if necessary. Low refrigerant levels can indicate leaks or other issues that need addressing.
- Inspecting and Sealing Ductwork: Leaky ductwork can waste energy and reduce the efficiency of the HVAC system. Technicians will inspect ductwork for leaks and seal them to improve efficiency.
- Changing Filters: Dirty filters restrict airflow and reduce system efficiency. Technicians will replace or clean filters as needed to ensure proper airflow and indoor air quality.
- Identifying and Addressing Issues: During maintenance, technicians will identify any potential issues or areas of concern and recommend repairs or upgrades to prevent future problems.
- Providing Maintenance Reports: After completing maintenance, technicians typically provide a detailed report outlining the work performed, any issues found, and recommendations for future maintenance or repairs.
Regular professional HVAC maintenance helps extend the lifespan of the system, improve energy efficiency, and prevent costly breakdowns or repairs. It is usually recommended to have maintenance performed at least once a year, ideally before the start of the heating or cooling season.
“Things were done well and with very little mess and all clean up prior to leaving.”
Maintenance on your units should happen bi-annually. If you see any of these warning signs, it’s time to call our experts:
Insufficient airflow and frequent cycles are signs your unit is working too hard. As the problem grows, it can cause warm air or unusual noises to come from your units as parts become overworked. Some noise is normal during start-up but rattling or buzzing during operation are reasons for concern. Preventative maintenance keeps your system clean, so dust doesn’t block airflow and cause more cycles than necessary. Duct cleaning can further clean your systems to improve your indoor air quality and help your HVAC cycle less. Let us keep your units efficient with HVAC maintenance in Greenville that you can count on.
Your HVAC system acts as the lungs of your home, and unnecessary dust and debris can inhibit its ability to function correctly. Don’t wait for problems to appear before calling the professionals at Guthrie Heating to maintain your system.
Don’t delay! Stay comfortable with bi-annual maintenance. Call (864) 571-1279 when you are ready to schedule an appointment.